Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Bun Mang Vit - Duck Noodle Soup
- Dried bamboo roots
- rau ram
- green onion
- chicken bones
- duck legs
- fish sauce
- Make the broth by putting water, chicken bones, shallots and ginger in a pot. Cook for 2 hrs. Remove everything to keep the broth
- cook the dried bamboo roots for about 1 hour in a separate pot
- Put the duck legs + cooked bamboo roots in the chicken broth and cook for another 30 mins.
- Seasoning with fish sauce, salt and sugar to taste.
- Boil the vermicelli
- Thin-slice the cabbage
- Cut green onion and cilantro to put on top.
- Serve with vermicelli, cabbage, onion and cilantro
(I know this recipe is not detailed enough. Sorry. Next time I will try to measure all the ingredients).